Treats a la Bark has nominated Sausage & Sanchez for the Kreativ Blogger award which is such an exciting thing because we have only had our blog up and running for a little under a month, so thank you!!!
The rules for the award state I must do the following:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award to 7 nominees
So here we go, 7 things about me, Hans Sausage & Odie Sanchez.
1. I am 27 years old and work at the Animal Welfare League of Qld on the Gold Coast. I am passionate about animal welfare and love when our AWLQ guests find their forever homes and get a second chance at a happy life. By night I am creating pet clothes and building our brand Sausage and Sanchez. (The name derived from Hans Sausage and Odie Sanchez, who are both past guests of the AWLQ).
2. Hans Sausage is Mini Dachshund x Mini Fox Terrier. He was found in a dog park at 5 weeks old and was brought to the AWLQ where I met and fell in love with him at first sight. His shelter name was Rocky.
3. Odie Sanchez is 5, (he has been my little com-padre for one year). A week into my job at the AWLQ I was asked to foster a dog that had kennel cough (a common dog flu that effects shelter dogs when they are kept in close quarters). I said OK and was introduced to a skinny little Chihuahua named Billy who was wearing a t-shirt that had SECURITY written on it. I took him home, gave him a bath and he has been mine ever since. We had to change his name from Billy to something a little more Mexican, Jose Quervo and Speedy Gonzales were also on the naming short list before we settled on ODIE ALLAN SANCHEZ. The name Odie came from ODEN (Mythical character Thor’s father, not Garfield like everyone thinks). Allan came from this YouTube ad that was big at the time and Sanchez well, goes without saying doesn’t it? He is MEXICAN!!
4. Odie insists he is hand fed and is the worlds fussiest eater. He hates cool breezes, drafts, anything cool at all. which is why he loves his S&S coats.
5. Hans must hump my boyfriends arm every night before bed for 25 seconds.
6. Odie has balls of steel!!! He chases, cows, cats, other large dogs and pretty much anything Hans barks at.
7. I believe every animal should be loved as much as I love Hans & Odie xoxo
As the rules state, I would like to pass the Kreative Blogger award onto the following 7 bloggers.
Odie the day we brought him home.